Ingredients to make the Venezuelan parakeet Recipe:
- The parakeet is a jumble of eggs seasoned with a sauce of tomatoes and onions.
- 2 butter spoons
- 3 oil tablespoons
- 1 cup of tomatoes very well chopped with everything and skin.
- 1 cup onion, minced in small cubes (double chiseled)
- 6 eggs
- A splash of cold water or milk
- A pinch of baking soda or baking powder.
- Salt to taste
- pepper to taste
How to make the Venezuelan parakeet:
Step NO 1
This recipe is for six people.
Step NO 2
In a frying pan over moderate heat we put the butter and oil to heat, fry the onion until they become transparent, add the chopped tomatoes, season and let them cook for 8 minutes until it dries a bit, meanwhile, we crack the eggs in a bowl and lightly beat them with a splash of cold water or milk and a pinch of bicarbonate or baking powder.
Step NO 3
We pour this preparation into the pan and stir, constantly scraping the bottom and edges until it dries, keeping it loose.
Step NO 4
There are those who like it to brown a little bit glued to the bottom scraping the burnt, the important thing is that we serve it piping hot accompanied by arepas and grated white cheese. If you liked the recipe for The Venezuelan Parakeet , we suggest you enter our category of Scrambled Egg Recipes .