American pancakes that we share this time in Guruwalik are somewhat different from the ones we all know, since they do not contain any sugar and, therefore, are ideal for appetizers or savory breakfasts. They are also perfect pancakes for diabetics.
You can enjoy these salty pancakes in the morning and accompany them with cooked ham or cheese, or you can serve them as appetizers and prepare some salty smoked salmon rolls, the possibilities are endless! With few inexpensive ingredients, this American pancake recipe is affordable for all budgets. Go ahead and stay with us to learn how to make savory American pancakes ! You will see that the result is delicious fluffy pancakes.
Ingredients for making salty American pancakes:
- 4 cups of flour (560 grams)
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups of milk (480 milliliters)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 dessert spoons of baking powder
How to make savory American pancakes:
Step NO 1
Put the 4 eggs in a bowl and beat until they are liquid but foamy, so the pancakes will be fluffy. Add the milk.
Step NO 2
Put the flour over the eggs and continue beating, this time making enveloping movements, until both ingredients are integrated. Add the salt and baking powder and beat gently. Put the American pancake mixture in the fridge for an hour.
Step NO 3
Put a little oil to heat in a pan, pour a tablespoon of the pancake mixture and wait for small bubbles to appear before turning it over.
Step NO 4
Homemade pancakes cook very quickly, so you should be careful to avoid burning. With no sugar at all, these savory American pancakes are perfect to pair with original guacamole , smoked salmon, cream cheese, and many other toppings. You can try making some spinach cannelloni with pancakes .
Step NO 5
If you also want to know the recipe for sweet American pancakes , discover this preparation and many more on our YouTube channel.
If you liked the recipe for Salted American Pancakes , we suggest you enter our category of Pancake Recipes .
How to make fluffy American pancakes
American hotcakes are famous for their softness . Whether they are sweet or savory, if done correctly, these pancakes can be delicious and fluffy. If you want to make your pancakes this way, we advise you to follow the following tricks:
Beat the eggs well, they do not need to be stiff or very creamy.
- Don’t over mix the batter of American pancakes as the gluten in the flour could develop and stun the pancakes.
- Make sure the baking powder you use is still fresh. You can test it by pouring a teaspoon of the powder into a glass of water. If you see an immediate reaction, it means that it is still good.
- Let the mixture of the American pancakes rest so that it accumulates air and the flour rises.
- When you flip the pancakes, do it gently. Flipping them too roughly can blow the air out of them quickly.
- With all these tips you will have a soft and delicious breakfast that you will want to repeat more than once for you and the children of the house. If you are looking for healthier pancake recipes , do not hesitate to stop by these:
- Quinoa pancakes
- Pancakes without milk
- Flourless apple oatmeal pancakes