Ingredients to make Waffles With Chocolate and Cream:
- 500 gr of Pastry Flour
- 200 ml of Whole Milk
- 50 gr of Fresh Yeast (the one sold in cubed bakeries)
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 250 gr of Butter
- 350 gr of sugar
- Whipped cream.
How to make Waffles With Chocolate and Cream:
Step NO 1
It is not necessary to prepare all the dough since we can freeze the one that is left over and so the next time we feel like it, it is only to defrost the dough and heat the waffle maker.
Step NO 2
Preparation: 1. We are going to prepare part of the dough. We can do it in a mixer adding the ingredients that I indicate below or in a traditional way, forming a volcano with the flour, salt and vanilla sugar and inside we will add the yeast dissolved in the warm milk (as we did at the time to prepare the dough for the delicious Bolla Preñá), the eggs and the yolk. We mix everything well and we will have a soft and sticky dough. We put the dough in a bowl (if you do it with the mixer, it is worth in its own container) and cover it with plastic wrap and on top with a kitchen towel. Let it rest for 30 minutes or so, until you see that the dough has doubled in volume.
2. After 30 minutes, knead the dough a little to remove the gas. We add the butter cut into pieces and knead until well mixed. To finish we add the sugar and knead it again until the dough is ready.
3. We are going to prepare the waffle maker. We spread the base with a little oil so that the dough does not stick to us. In this case, I prefer sunflower oil since it has a milder flavor than olive oil but there is nothing written about tastes so you can use whatever you want. It is only necessary to smear with oil the first time the waffles are made (not just the first time the machine is used). We close the waffle maker, set the temperature we want and wait until the green light turns on, indicating that the waffle maker has the desired temperature.
4. We already have the waffle maker ready so we add the dough and wait for them to be ready. The amounts of the batter and the cooking time will depend on the type of waffle maker. In my waffle maker with 2 well loaded tablespoons of batter for each waffle and about 5 minutes of cooking is enough. We always have the resource of using the first 2 test waffles to find the correct quantities and temperature.
We will help ourselves with a silicone spatula to detach the dough from the spoon well and to distribute it a little over the base of the waffle maker without worrying much about leaving it perfect since when closing the lid the dough is distributed by itself. The dough, shortly after starting to prepare the waffle, will come out from the edges of the machine (I tell you from experience) but nothing happens, it is cleaned and ready.
5. Once ready, With the help of a wooden spatula we carefully remove the waffles and without wasting a second and being careful not to burn ourselves we give a good account of this delight. 6. Alone, with syrups, caramel, melted chocolate, cream … How do you like it?
Step NO 3
You can find this and many more recipes, explained step by step and with photos in “El Blog De Omi”.
If you liked the recipe for Waffles With Chocolate and Cream , we suggest you enter our category of Pancake Recipes .