Cream cheese is quite rich and versatile spreadable, can be used both for sweet recipes to savory dishes. Best thing about this homemade cream cheese recipe that we bring you in Free Recipes is that it is very easy and needs few ingredients, but you must be patient, since it needs 24 to 72 hours of rest.
However, process is simple and with the measurements that we are going to give you, you can make approximately 180 grams . This homemade cream cheese is made only with salt and natural yogurt, avoid using sweetened yogurt because it affects flavor of cream cheese, also do not use whipped yogurt because it can affect consistency.
It is best to use plain or Greek yogurt; salt can be sea or table salt. We also recommend using a special cotton cloth to make cheeses and vegetable milks. Once you have everything, you just have to read on to discover how to make homemade cream cheese with yogurt .
Ingredients to make homemade cream cheese:
- 500 grams of natural yogurt (4 cups of 155 g)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cheese and milk fabric
How to make homemade cream cheese:
Pour all of yogurt into a container.
Add salt to yogurt.
Mix very well so that salt integrates with all yogurt.
On top of a strainer, spread a cheesecloth or cotton cloth and pour yogurt on top. Leave strainer on top of a bowl to let liquid drain out.
Close ends of fabric and twist them a little so that it does not open. Reserve for at least 24 hours outdoors if it is cool or refrigerated if it is summer.
Get rid of liquid that fell from cheese.
Store cream cheese in a glass jar , preferably with a lid so it doesn’t dry out. And ready! Enjoy this amazing and easy homemade cream cheese.
If you liked recipe for Homemade Cream Cheese , we suggest you enter our Cheese Recipes category .
Homemade cream cheese with milk
This cream cheese is very easy to make and best thing is that you can use it in other recipes or to eat with a rich toast or crackers. If you don’t have yogurt and instead have milk, you can also make a delicious homemade cream cheese with milk. You will only need lemon or white vinegar and salt :
- In a saucepan, heat milk over medium heat until it starts to bubble.
- Squeeze lemon and add juice to milk little by little while stirring constantly. milk will start to cut, don’t worry, it’s what we need.
- Remove from flame and let it cool slightly. Place cotton cloth on top of a strainer and carefully pour in cut milk, let it drain for about 20 minutes.
- Pour drained cheese into a food processor and add salt to taste. If you see that it is too thick, add a little of drained liquid until it reaches consistency you want.
- Store finished cream cheese in an airtight glass jar in fridge, you can keep it for up to 10 days. This cream cheese can also be used in both sweet and savory dishes.
- Once you have your cream cheese ready, you can use it to prepare delicious recipes with cream cheese such as:
- Tuna pate with cream cheese
- Strawberry tart with cream cheese
- Strawberry crepes with cream cheese
- Cream cheese and coriander omelette
- Coconut and cream cheese flan